Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week of Reviews: Wet 'n Wild Magnetic Nail Color

I'd never tried a magnetic polish before, but the color of this Wet 'n Wild one really grabbed my eye... perfect for the holiday season! It's a really pretty dark shimmery red. To get the magnetic effect, you do one coat of nail polish and let it dry. Then apply another coat and hold the magnetic cap over your finger for about ten seconds before the polish dries. I found it to be a little tricky because I was trying to hold the cap really close to my nail, but I didn't want it to bump the fresh polish. I don't think the magnet is as strong as it could be. As you can tell, the pattern barely even translated on some of my nails.

However, the formula is awesome; very opaque, easy-to-use brush, and I've been wearing it for longer than 24 hours and no sign of chipping. The magnetic pattern adds some nice dimension, but to be honest, next time I may skip that step. I will definitely use this color again, though, because it is such a pretty color and a really nice polish. $5 at the drugstore :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment