Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week of Reviews: Wet 'n Wild Eyeshadow

I decided to try out a new idea for this blog. I bought five Wet 'n Wild beauty products, and I will be doing a review on each product throughout the next five days. If this is a success, I may start doing these more regularly with other brands!

Today's product is Wet 'n Wild's Color Icon™ Eyeshadow Collection. It is a palette with ten eye shadows in the pink/purple family. I love wearing purples because I feel like they are almost a neutral color, and they aren't too crazy. Also, I gravitated towards this particular palette because I don't have too many pink or blue eye shadows. It also comes with a double sided sponge/blending brush, but to be honest, I haven't touched it.

First things first, these eye shadows are super soft. As soon as I got them home, I looked at the palette and one eye shadow had a chunk broken off. So maybe it's not the best for traveling... The second I touched the brush in, I could tell that you may have an issue with fall-out if you didn't tap the brush off. However, most of the colors are very pigmented, so you don't need much on your brush anyways.

Here are the swatches going down the left side of the palette and then down the right. As you can see, pigmentation is nice. The only two colors that I was not impressed with were the white which came out chalky and the bottom left blue which really could have been a gorgeous color. Another questionable shade was the matte light purple, but it was decent enough. Also, if you can't tell, the bottom right color is actually a dark green with some sparkles... odd because it didn't really go with the rest of the color theme.

With this being my first time working with Wet 'n Wild eye shadows, I must say, I was quite impressed. I'm excited to try out some tutorials with this palette. (check out youtube.com/lanielew25 for more about that) I will definitely be incorporating them into my daily look, and at only $5 for the whole palette, you can't beat that!

credit: top pic is from wnwbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment