Thursday, December 13, 2012

Week of Reviews: Wet 'n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick

Today's lip product, Wet 'n Wild's Silk Finish Lipstick in Cherry Frost 514A was just as much a hit as yesterday's lip product review. The color is a true red with a slightly blue-ish undertone.
Top to bottom: NYX lip liner in 817 Hot Red, Wet 'n Wild Lipstick, Model Co. lip gloss in Berry Pink

Top to bottom: gloss, liner, lip stick

Today I decided to show the lipstick actually on my lips so that you could get a better idea of what it looks like. A liner is a must with red lipstick, so I just picked up a cheap basic red liner in Hot Red by NYX for about $3. I applied the liner all over my lips before applying lip stick. Below, I show the look with and without a gloss. Since the lip stick is a silk finish, you don't need a gloss over top, but it does just finish off the look. The gloss I used is ModelCo's SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Berry Pink. I got it in my Birchbox this month, but it normally retails for $16.

without gloss
with gloss











The lip stick formulation is super creamy-not super long lasting-but the lip liner will help with that. I think it makes for the perfect holiday look and is a very easy-to-wear red color. For only a dollar at the drugstore, who could pass it up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment