Monday, January 7, 2013

Maybelline & Nars Concealers Used Throughout 2013

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer    
This is meant for under the eyes. It creases very little, is very blendable, and provides great coverage. It also works well as a blemish concealer. The antimicrobial sponge tip applicator makes it easy to apply and travel with.
 
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Treatment Concealer
 This works basically as well as the concealer above. The only difference I can identify is that this product has vitamin C in it to help lighten dark spots. Its formulation seems to be identical to its dark circle version, and I fail to understand why you would need both of these products on the market. It seems like the one with vitamin C would be good to use with both dark circles and spots.
Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer
There was nothing special about this product. It is a basic concealer- creamy and easy to blend. I don't remember it having stellar staying power, but it is a very decent concealer.

Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer
 This concealer really surprised me. I got a shade too light, but it blends very well and works excellent for lightening up under the eyes. This has become my "heavy duty" concealer. The stick formula is very thick, but it is creamy enough that there isn't too much sticking to dry spots. However, the Age Rewind concealers work better over dry spots.
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
I did not repurchase this concealer, and I would not repurchase it over the Age Rewind Concealers. It is a nice product for brightening up under the eyes, but it does not have much coverage. It is nice that it has an attached brush, but the brush would not work well with blending out concealer over blemish spots.
Nars Stick Concealer
This was my only non-Maybelline concealer that I used this year, and Maybelline definitely out-did themselves. I had never tried a high-end concealer before this one, but it didn't really shine for me. I did find an exact color match which was nice, and it was very blendable. However, it wasn't the fullest coverage, and it seemed like I ran out of this product very fast which you never want to do when you spend a lot of money. It did cling to dry spots badly, and all it was really good for was new, red acne or dark spots that were healed.

Overall, I applaud Maybelline. Their products are consistently good, and the value is there. For less than $10, you can pick up any of their concealers at your nearest drugstore. I hope this was informative!

Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment