Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What I Got For Christmas: Beauty Products

Sorry I've been absent for a bit... just enjoying this break from school. This blog was slightly created out of an effort to procrastinate school work, so it's harder to stay on top of things when I don't have anything to procrastinate!

Today I'm going to show you what beauty-related products I got for Christmas. Now that I have had these products for about a week, I feel like I can provide adequate mini-reviews so that this is more informative for you.


1. Bioderma- This is a no-rinse make-up remover/ face cleanser. It is supposed to be very gentle but effective. I have been wanting to revamp my skincare regimen, and I wanted the gentlest way to cleanse my face. I use this morning and night to make sure my face is squeaky clean.

2. Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo- I got this duo in the colors Orgasm and Laguna. These are somewhat of cult products. I love the bronzer because it really looks extremely natural. The blush is a nice color, as well. However, my Wet 'n Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink seems to be a more pigmented version of the same color, so I have been reaching for that over this.

3. Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf- I did not ask for this, but I am in love with it. I had heard great things, but I'm currently using my BCBG perfume that I mentioned in a previous post so I was not looking for a new perfume. It is orchid and light with some slight vanilla. Definitely stop by a perfume counter and give this a sniff.

4. Revlon Ionic Rollers- While at home during Thanksgiving, I used my mom's hot rollers and loved how simple it was to get an amazing look. My mom wanted a new set, so I told her I would get her one for Christmas and I would take her old set. Of course, she wanted to get me a brand new set instead of giving me her old ones, so I was pleasantly surprised, and I have been reaching for them over my straightener every day since.

5. Lancer Blemish Control Polish- This scrub is very expensive, so I probably would not have purchased it on my own, but it is amazing. People such as Oprah Winfrey and Victoria Beckham have claimed to use Lancer products. It smooths everything out, has super fine pieces in it and a refreshing minty smell. I have even noticed my overall skin texture improving.

6. Michael Todd Citrus Cream Moisturizer- On YouTube, I had been hearing tons of raving about Michael Todd True Organics products. I chose this one because it has hyaluronic acid which is supposed to help your skin absorb water. It has definitely been providing my skin tons of moisture, and the citrus smell is so yummy. It's also a huge plus that it contains mostly organic products.

7. Philosophy Candy Cane Lane Gift Set- This was a gift from my boyfriend. As soon as I opened it, he said "Hey, it has your name in the title!." That may have been his only motivation for getting it. Haha. I'm loving the minty smells right now, and it comes with a body wash, scrub, and lip gloss. I was running out of my shower wash and scrub, so it's nice that I will have these products to replace them. It makes showering feel like a little treat :-)

Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment