Monday, January 14, 2013

Week of Reviews: L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara

Every day this week I will bring you a review of one of my top five mascaras. Today I will be discussing L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara. Later this week I will review:
-L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
-L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
-Lancome Hypnose Drama
-Model Co. Fibre LASHXTEND

Stay tuned :-)

At first impression, this mascara brush is very thin with itty bitty rubber bristles. There is nowhere for the mascara to clump on this brush, so it applies very smoothly. I got the blackest color, and you can see that it really darkened my lashes. This mascara has a very liquid formula which seems like it may weigh down/ straighten out curled lashes..

bare lashes
 
with one coat of Telescopic Carbon Black


 
Naturally, I have thin, long, light brown lashes. They aren't as thick as they could be because I have a habit of picking off my mascara and pulling out my lashes in the process... 

My personal experience with this product is that it gives me very spidery, dark, long lashes. The tiny brush makes it great to get in every nook and cranny, but the liquidy formula and tiny bristles don't do a very good job of volumizing and spreading out my lashes. Overall, it really does what the name implies-it gives telescopic lengthening. Because I have sparse lashes, I always follow up this mascara with another coat of something more volumizing. However, if you are solely looking for something to give you length and definition, this may be the product for you! This can easily be found in any drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment